Friday, November 27, 2009

Problem installing internet explorer 5.1?

Ok, hears yet another windows 3.1 related question; and before you ask, yes I do have a windows 3.1 and I dont want to upgrade!



The problem is when installing internet explorer 5.1 - the 16 bit virsion. It states that I dont have enough memory (even though I have 64MB). I did some research and found that you can bypass this error with a command line code - but for the life of me i can't remember what that was. I've looked and seached on google but no sucess. So, its a long shot but if you know the code please help.



Problem installing internet explorer 5.1?windows nt



Dude you are either a masochist or a joker, I can't work out which. Seeing as Microsoft no longer support 3.1 you are putting far too much energy into a lost cause. Just upgrade. You know it makes sense.



Problem installing internet explorer 5.1?windows 95 internet explorer



When you install on a computer that has 40 MB or more of



memory, you may receive an error message during setup



indicating that your computer does not have enough memory



to install Internet Explorer. If this happens, locate the



Setup.exe file (in the IE5setup folder) and run it with the



command line switch "/f:16". You can do this by using the



Run command from either File Manager or Program Manager.
Can`t understand why you don`t just upgrade, after all it makes sense to have something that microsoft supports?
Sorry I can not help with your problem, but if your happy with your computer then stick with it don't listen to those characters that want to make Bill Gates richer than he already is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin